Before you start shopping, know what you're looking for in a home. Consider what you want now, and what you might want in the future.
· Size requirements: Do you need several bedrooms, more than one bathroom, or a garage?
· Special features: Do you want air conditioning, storage or hobby space, a fireplace or a swimming pool? Do you have family members with special needs?
· Lifestyles and stages: Do you plan to have children? Do you have teenagers who will be moving away soon? Are you close to retirement?
· Setting: Do you want to live in a city, the suburbs or a rural environment?
· Work: Are you willing to take on a long commute every morning?
· School: Where will your children go to school and how will they get there?
· Family and friends: How important is it to live close to them?
Source: Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation
How much home can you afford to buy?
When searching for a home, it makes sense to get a mortgage pre-approval – you'll get a clear-cut sense of how much money you will be eligible to borrow. You'll also be assured of a locked-in mortgage rate for a set period of time.
Talk to me for more information on the ins and outs of pre-approvals as well as get you an extremely competitive interest rate and length of rate hold. You'll soon be on track to finding the home that's ideal for you and your family.